Power Pages, now generally available, is an advancement of Power Apps portals that includes a new design studio and templates.
This latest addition to the Microsoft Power Platform enables organizations to respond quickly to the needs of their customers, partners, communities, and other external users by providing a low-code approach to construct, host, and administer process-driven secure websites.
This post addresses several frequently requested Power Pages questions.
How does Power Pages stack up against Power Apps Portals?
Studio of Design
- A notable distinction from previous Power Apps Portals releases is a new design studio that streamlines the creation of professional portals.
- Designers may create layouts with no-code widgets in the Pages workspace by adding components such as forms, photos, sections, Power BI reports, and tables and making inline modifications.
- Portal designers have more control over the visual appearance while using the Styling Workbench. Modify the appearance of each portal to configure and publish company websites that are consistent with corporate branding, with less requirement for CSS creation
- To help you start portal construction, the Power Pages design studio contains templates for fully featured websites.
- Early examples include appointment scheduling, registrations, application processing, FAQs, and progress-tracking scenarios from various sectors.
- The templates center will also handle existing Dynamics 365 customer service, field service, and other templates.
- Power Pages will have 16 business templates when released to the public. Microsoft expects this to expand, allowing enterprises to launch new sites and web apps swiftly by covering additional recurring processing situations.
Creating Data Assets
- Power Pages creates external-facing portals that allow visitors to publish data contextually and in real-time.
- Data verse data can be shown in portals, and data can be collected via Data verse online forms. Pages that allow contacts to schedule an appointment, track the status of an application, or register for an event, for example, can be published using one of the pre-built templates
- Unlike prior Power Apps portals, administrators can apply them from within the designer when new tables, fields, and views are created in the Power Pages Data workspace.
Content Distribution Network
- Content Delivery Network integration can be activated with a switch to enhance performance and deliver consistent experiences for portals with a global reach.
- Because of proximity and optimal connectivity, a CDN provides static material to site visitors faster. The static portal components, such as photos, buttons, style sheets, and scripts, are stored on CDN servers and served to visitors from the nearest network point.
Hub for Learning
- Power Pages features its home page with an integrated Learning Hub. Investigate videos, documents, and other materials that will assist you in constructing the website you desire.
- Power Pages makes advantage of the Bootstrap user experience framework for fully responsive rendering without the need for any coding.
- Easily preview sites with a responsive layout running on a mobile device or desktop using QR codes.
What Kinds of Webpages Are Created With Power Pages?
- Power Pages are used to build webpages that automate operations for persons outside of a business to simplify and shorten the time required to conduct common tasks
- Some examples include booking appointments, giving on-demand self-service 24/7, or registering for a warranty.
Pages now includes Dynamics 365 portal templates. Customer self-service, partners, field service, community, and staff self-service are among the scenarios covered.
Power Apps Portals Will Be Transferred to Power Pages in What Way?
- Power Pages is now generally accessible, allowing Power Apps portal developers to take advantage of Power Pages' low-code features and access to its Design Studio, Learn Hub, and Templates Hub. Existing Power Apps portal settings are automatically compatible with Power Pages.
Power Pages extends the capabilities of the Power Apps site by adding a new low-code design studio, new templates, and learning resources. It provides an easy way to develop and decorate a data-driven website with minimal design and coding abilities.
Contact Online24x7 to obtain complete guidance from experts for your website requirements and see how Power Pages can help you quickly implement a new solution.